Friday, September 22, 2006

In Which Chester Has an Idea for an Adventure

Chester has a great idea. A reading club. Go here for details.

It’s still in the “if” stages, but your interest might help things get going.

Just another Adventure of Chester’s.

And since I tried without success to put up a comment , I’ll add here what I tried to say at his place:

I’d love to participate. I could read without feeling guilty...”oh, I’m not wasting time. I’m doing this for Chester’s reading club.”

I’d like to suggest Doris Kearns Goodwin’s “Team of Rivals” but only if people can get it at the library...which I did this afternoon. The list price on the inside cover is $35.00. However, most libraries have it.

I’ll post a notice on Gates about your idea.

Y’all go over to Chester’s and put in your two cents’ worth. A bloggo book club is a timely idea.

3 comments:

Beach Girl said...

Tried to comment at Chester's. Sign me up for the book club.

linearthinker said...

I'm in. Best reading I've found in 5 years has been via blog refs. I'll just wait for news here, since everyone seems to be standing in line over there. Oh...afterthought...I read. I don't do reviews, if that's a condition. Sometimes I make snarky comments, or so I've been accused. But then, I've been accused of snoring, and I think that's a gross distortion.

Exile said...

Uhm.. who's paying Chester?